month seven with great company
What.A.Month. Lately, I’ve been traveling quite a bit and this month was no different. When I’m not traveling for work, I try to adventure to East Coast cities that I need to hit before I make the move back to Dallas. I had a couple of FUN visitors this month! My people are the best people and I’m so glad that they got to see a bit of the Carolinas.
This month I:
- Pretended that I was still at 1701 Elm Ave on Valentine's Day with chocolate covered strawberries and snail mail
- Got to spend the weekend with #LDCMere in Newark, DE for my last recruitment visit of the year- Go DE Alpha!
- Watched the cherry blossoms bloom (insert all the heart eyes)
- Welcomed the warm weather with open arms because I was able to whip out my favorite outfit- shorts and a sweatshirt
- Picked Hal Pal up from the airport in SC!!! Yes my girl was in SC!
- Ran around Charleston and fell in LOVE with the small town, southern charm
- Picked out my dream house (or two) while driving around town
- Wandered down Rainbow Row
- Finally found a Moscow Mule that I liked (@Rarebit)
- Watched the SC Beta VPP secure RAA at their local elementary school. (If you know me, you know how much Read Across America and children’s literacy means to me and this was honestly my dream come true.)
- Booked a ticket to DC because why not!!!
- Learned the weekend adventures are so so worth it
- Welcomed an OK boy to SC for the weekend and showed him the NC mountains and, of course, Smokin Pig
- Traveled to St. Louis for initiation weekend at MO Beta
- Laid around in a hotel robe because that’s what you have to do after a long travel day
- Finally ordered Sauce on the Side during an STL visit (If you haven’t tried it, you have to ASAP)
- Watched an incredible Pi Phi give a TEDxWUSTL talk
- Saw pictures of SC Beta donating over 3,000 books to a local elementary school on RAA day
- Still haven’t found a place to get my nails done (and if you know me, you know that’s a necessity) so this is my mission for month eight
Next month brings even more traveling, exploring and adventures, but outside of SC this time! Stay tuned to see where…