month three ft: special guests DAL + STL + OKC
This month looked a little different- I tackled month three with some quality time back in the midwest. My schedule is always unpredictable and my days are long, but one of the perks of my work schedule is that I receive a full week of fall break. AND it could not have come at a more perfect time!
This month I:
- Bought two new car tires (growing up is HARD)
- Road tripped to Columbia, SC for the Thomas Rhett concert (just as good as he was the first time)
- Breathed the sweet Texas air for a WHOLE WEEK and then some for the first time in 2.5 months
- Had real queso and real salads
- Was reunited with my best people
- Wore my crimson + cream and frolicked around downtown Dallas for the best weekend of the year (heyo OU/tx)
- Pushed my way through a sea of crimson and orange at the Texas State Fair
- Discovered my new favorite cocktail- A Girl in Dallas (insert salsa dancing emoji here)
- Went to the premiere of Goodbye Christopher Robin
- Took a day trip to Magnolia Market with my mom
- Had lunch with the Pi Phi Queen (Paula Shepherd!!!)
- Headed back to our old stomping grounds (BJs on 75) for pizookies with the squad
- Explored the Dallas Farmers Market and the Dallas Arboretum with my girls!!!
- Flew up to St. Louis for fall check-in with the LDC gang
- Made a weekend trip to NORMAN!!
- Stuffed my face with Quinn’s burrata and a slice of Matt (I missed you @HallsPizzaKitchen)
- Made a pit stop at Classic’s for vanilla coke before shopping on Campus Corner
- Finally ordered the salad I’ve been craving since June- the southwest salad with blackened chicken from Scratch- and it was just as good as I remember
- Was way underdressed for the weather in Oklahoma… (I was prepared for the 70’s but it was 30…)
- Was reunited with the Mont and queso and my go-to drinks
- Went to the Homecoming parade and laughed till we cried
- Watched the Pride of Oklahoma take over Owen Field and all was right in the world
- Cheered for my Sooners with more pride than ever
- Was welcomed back to the east coast by the most beautiful South Carolina trees
- Sipped on All In’s apple cider and fell in love (add a cinnamon roll and I’m actually in heaven)
- Initiated a new member class into the sweetest place
- Started to soak up all things fall (like a fall pecan iced latte- UNREAL)
- Had Chick-fil-A tortilla soup almost every day for a whole week- if you haven’t tried it, you’re missing out
Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who penciled me into their schedule while I was in town. It was the sweetest two weeks back in the states I love with the people I love the most. For now, I’m soakin up the warmer weather in South Carolina and taking pictures of (practically) every single tree because they are unlike anything I’ve ever seen. I’ve always loved fall and it’s even better on this side of the country.
your texas girl forever